Friday, August 13, 2010

Benji caught a fish!

Benji is quite the picky eater. So we came up with a food chart. If he tries 5 new foods (more than just a couple bites), we'd give him a big prize. Lately Jacob has picked up fishing. Well he hasn't caught anything, but he's gone 8 times. Hence, the boys wanted fishing poles for their first prize. So they finished their charts and we went shopping Wednesday. Benji picked out a spider man fishing pole and Zac picked out a CARS one.We decided to go try out the poles last night at Vivian Pond. Alex and Claudia joined us. It was fun. Here we are getting our gear.

We are ready to go. So we sat up our chairs and Jacob helped the boys cast out their line and they sat there... not very patiently and waited.



They left their chairs soon after sitting down and we propped up the fishing poles on the chairs. After a long while and a couple casts later, I saw Benji's pole fall down. I looked over and no one was near it. I quickly set Jacie in the camp chair and yelled that Benji got a fish. I ran over and started reeling. Benji came over and reeled it in. We thought we'd lost it cuz it wasn't putting up a fight, but Benji saw it on the line as he was reeling it in. He didn't want to do anymore, so Dad took over. Benji kinda freaked out when he saw the fish out of the water and squirming. He was so proud that he got the first and only fish. He now has one and Jacob still hasn't been able to bring one home.

Here's the 11" trout. A small little fish. Benji's first.

He didn't like to hold it himself. It wiggled and he didn't like that very much. He screamed and Jacob took it over. He then ran to play on the playground. Before that, he said, "Mom, if I get another one, let me know k?" Cute. It was fun!

1 comment:

amberkei said...

My kids have those exact same fishing poles and they LOVE them! So glad other families fish...I didn't grow up fishing, but it's become an obsession with my boys thanks to my husband! :)