Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I counted 97 Wasps

97 Wasps on our patio in a "graveyard" cluster. YUCK!!



I absolutely hate bees, hornets, wasps, etc. I think I have an unhealthy fear of them, but here is a few pictures of the ones Jacob killed a couple nights ago. He saw a big swarm of them and decided to use our Wasp Killer spray and attacked them with half the can. They all dropped... and here is the graveyard left behind. I counted 97 of them. I have not wanted to go outside the past couple weeks because the wasps have been so bad. I wonder if I leave the "graveyard" there if no more will come and pester us... I doubt that! Anyone know a good way to keep them from coming into my yard???

A close up.


4 comments:

Becca Sharp said...

Miss, that's horrible! And we did not need to see that close-up! So gross! I'm sorry you have so many. But, glad you have a brave hubby who killed a bunch of them. I can't come visit you anymore - just so you know. :-D

wileyfamilyof5 said...

Oh I am with you an the wasp thing. I remember your fear of buzzing things at girls camp. You always would run in the opposite direction if anything that buzzed came near you.

Melissa Fisher said...

Hey, Mel... I still do. I still have that terrible fear of a teenage girl. How bad is that?!?!

Julie said...

I know this is a really late comment (I haven't read blogs forever), but thought I'd let you know, you are not alone. I HATE them too!!!!! The sad thing is my kids have gotten that same unhealthy fear. Also, I was talking to Lisa Owen the other week and she says she has Hunts in Lehi come spray for them, says it works. I'm planning on trying that this year. Good Luck!!