Sunday, June 7, 2009

A Child's Prayer

Benji volunteered to say the prayer for lunch.
(He doesn't usually want to say it)
He said, after addressing Heavenly Father,
"Thank you for this day, Please bless the food to be good, (he paused) Please (emphasized) bless us to watch movies and Please (emphasized again) bless us to go to the dinosaur museum, and please (again emphasized) bless us to go to our friends house, then closed in Jesus' name.

I guess I hadn't done enough for and with them that day. In fact, that day and the previous day I had been working much on the computer on some design work for a coupon book. I hadn't paid much attention to them. Benji sure let me know in a humble sweet way! :>)

4 comments:

the Braby family said...

That's so cute! I guess he figured that if anyone could make it happen it would be the Lord. :)

Becca Sharp said...

I love that! So glad you wrote that down. We gotta remember stuff like that. Such sweet, innocent prayers. I can't wait to see what Lexi teaches me when she prays!

Tessa said...

He prayed twice when he stayed with me and included watching a movie in both of them. He is so precious.

The Fishers said...

What a cute family you have! We miss you guys and can't wait to come visit soon.